Wednesday 15 April 2009

The comb and the car

As so often is the case, a customer will have to provide me with identification in order for me to process their request. Although when I ask for this, they sneer that they "don't have their passport" with them or "what do you mean you need the paper part of the driving licence?". Of course. How silly it is of one to hope that a customer has identification to conduct a financial transaction. What was I thinking?! I should just take them at their word and give them all the money that they have without so much as a question.

Today, however, a man did have his driving licence in with him when he wanted to make a withdrawal from his account sans le carte. So i'm looking up his account details and he passes me over his driving licence and I look at the picture on it. In the picture, a moustache is furnishing his top lip. I can clearly see that this is still the same gentleman. That said, it was at this point that the gentleman pulled out a black comb and brought it under his nose. I half-expected him to make a Nazi salute at this stage. "It is me!" the man doth protest. I then wondered if he carried the comb around on his personage just for this particular purpose. Wonderful.

Photo:




It's not every day you see a car like this right outside your front door...


~raccoon.~

No comments:

Post a Comment